- SplFileInfo::getpathinfo() now returns
information about the path name.
- SplObjectStorage now has ArrayAccess support.
It is now also possible to store associative information with
objects in SplObjectStorage.
- In the GD extension,
there is now pixelation support available through the imagefilter() function.
- var_dump() output now includes private object
- session_start() now returns
FALSEwhen session startup
- property_exists() now checks the existence of
a property independent of accessibility (like method_exists()).
- Stream wrappers can now be used by include_path.
initialparameter for array_reduce() can now be of any
- The directory functions opendir(), scandir(), and
dir() now use the default stream context if
no explicit context is passed.
- crypt() now has Blowfish and extended DES
support, and crypt() features are now 100% portable.
PHP has its own internal crypt implementation which drops into
place when support for crypt or crypt_r is not
- getopt() now accepts “long options” on all
platforms. Optional values and = as a separator for short
options are now supported.
- fopen() has a new mode option (n),
underlying open() system call. Note that this mode is not
currently supported on Windows.
- getimagesize() now supports icon files
- The mhash extension have
moved to PECL, but the Hash extension have been modified to support mhash if
PHP is compiled with –with-mhash. Note that the Hash
extension does not require the mhash library to be available
whether or not the mhash emulation is enabled.