What is PHP?
* PHP is an acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”.
* PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language.
* PHP scripts are executed on the server.
* PHP is free to download and use.
What Can PHP Do?
* PHP can generate dynamic page content.
* PHP can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server.
* PHP can collect form data.
* PHP can send and receive cookies.
* PHP can add, delete, modify data in your database.
* PHP can be used to control user-access.
* PHP can encrypt data.
* PHP runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.).
* PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.).
* PHP supports a wide range of databases.
* PHP is free. Download it from the official PHP resource: www.php.net.
* PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side.